The United Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps was formed in September
1998. It was an off-shoot of a Alumni Reunion Drum Corps formed in January 1998 featuring
former members of the Simcoe Boy Scout Trumpet Band, Optimists Band, Royal Blues, Simcoe
Golden Lions, & Lakeshore Brassmen. All the corps operated out of Simcoe, Ontario,
except for the Brassmen, which operated out of nearby Port Dover, Ontario. All five corps
originated after the previous corps disbanded, beginning with the Scout Band in 1953
Simcoe Scout Band & Optimists Band
The Scout Band sponsorship was taken over by the Optimists Club
in approximately 1958 and thus the name was changed to the Optimists Band.
In 1960 Ron Mann became the director and the corps became
self-sponsored and changed the name to the Royal Blues Drum & Bugle Corps. This
corps competed in the Senior B Category winning several championships during its tenure.
The Royal Blues folded in 1968
Simcoe Golden Lions
In 1969 the Simcoe Golden Lions Drum &
Bugle Corps was formed sponsored by the Simcoe Lions Club. The corps
competed in Junior B, Junior C and parade class categories. In 1977 the
Golden Lions highlighted their tenure by winning the "Triple Crown" of
Canadian Junior C Drum Corps, by winning all three Championships - Junior C,
Ontario Provincials and Canadian Nationals. The Golden Lions folded in 1979
The Lakeshore Brassmen were formed in 1978 comprised of over aged
members of the Golden Lions. The Brassmen were a self-sponsored senior competitive
parade corps that folded in 2002.